Thursday, March 15, 2007

notes from the road...day twelve

Dave and the gang
recordings all done! thanks everyone!!


Sean here.
Lessee, we missed a day so gimmie a minute to let my mind reach back a couple days and pull out a few memories.
...hmmm...
Ok, we woke up and ate at the Neighborhood Cafe. The food's still good. Then we started on our last day of recording! Everyone was nervous because we had so much to do and so little time. Dan did all of his piano stuff during the day and it sounded great! While he did that Alex and I watched the new episode of Battlestar Galactica. T'was another great episode and it featured Mark Sheppard who played Badger on Firefly, nerd connection!
When Dave showed up around 6pm we ate some pizza. It was OK, not my thing; too "adult" for me, as Lee put it. So what if I don't like spinach on my pizza?
We finished up the vocals that night. Skipper came in and they recorded some vocals for the "ooh la las" on 2EZ2LVU, sounded great! It was the last thing we recorded. So we're done! Our record is left in the hands of Travis and Dave who we're hoping will do a bang up job mixing it and make us sound great! They better...or else! We'll get a rough copy in New York. We're planning for a July release. So our fingers are crossed. After we were done recording we went out to the Hexagon bar and hung out with Brian and Crystal from Skipper, fun times! I played pinball, but I suck.
So we went home, hung out a bit more and watched a little MST3K before we hit the hay.
So I suppose that's it for recording. We really hope it sounds good in the end. Please make it sound good Travis!
P.S. No harmonica thing on Birthday Suit!

1 comment:

MissLeonora said...

This is, like, the best blog ever. Looks like i'm not making it out to NY after all...waaahhhh!